Today we live in world where everybody is just so busy and occupied and hardly emphasize on health which is a major concern. In a hurry of achieving our goals little do we forget about taking care of ourselves and foremost our health. The phrase “We are what we eat” might do justice to do this. So today I’m going to share with you a recipe which might help you out with this problem. It’s quick, easy, healthy and tasty too.
Who doesn’t love chicken? and who says it can’t be healthy and tasty at the same time! well your quite wrong with this as I’ve got you the perfect dinner meal which will definitely satisfy your taste buds and leave you amazed.
This luscious meal is a blend of fresh flavorful herbs greased and marinated on juicy boneless breasts along with a dash of lemon juice making it all set to be pan seared which you can totally indulge in. Also one of the good things about this dish is that it is refrigerator friendly which very helpful for working people. All this goodness together in one pan, what better could you ask for?!
- 3-4 oz boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (you can use dry as well)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (you can use dry as well)
- 4-5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2-3 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilly flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp black and white pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3-4 slices of lemon for garnish
- 1 zip lock bag (to mix the marinade)
- Salt to taste
- Pound the chicken breasts so that their even in size.
- Now make slits on the breast using a sharp knife (this will help it soak the marinade better).
- Season the flesh with salt and pepper (black and white).
- Take a bowl and add the finely chopped cilantro along with the other herbs.
- To the same bowl add minced garlic, chilly flakes, smoked paprika powder, lemon juice and dash of olive oil (1 tsp).
- Give it a good stir until all the ingredients are blended well.
- Take the zip lock bag and add the freshly prepared marinade to it.
- Drop your boneless breast into the bag and give it a good shake ensuring all the marinade has slipped into the flesh.
- Your chicken is now ready to be pan seared or you can store in refrigerator and cook it whenever you want.
- Heat the pan on medium flame.
- Add 1-2 tsp of olive oil.
- Put the chicken on and cook each side for 5-10 mins until seared nicely.
- As soon as you put off the flame add your lemon slices to the pan. This will give you a nice burnt lemony flavor.
- Your Pan Seared Lemon Chicken is now ready to be served. Enjoy!